Friday, December 19, 2008

New LBP Level: The Tower Inferno (Work in Progress)

So It is time to work on the next chapter of the adventure of Moncorbuus's sackboy.
This time, the level will be called the Tower Inferno - after all the high rise disaster movies out there such as "The Towering Inferno", or a typical Japanese style "Godzilla" movie (not the US version), or even the final Empire State Building scene from "King Kong" (which ever movie version you prefer).

Synopsis

You will be part of Sackville's fire department rushing to investigate a fire in Sackville's tallest building - "The Tower". You will drive the fire engine "Ladder 32" to the site and work thru its floors fighting fire and investigating the cause of the fire.

Work in Progress thoughts

For this new leve, I thought about incorporating the best from "The Mine" - The Big Wheel. So my approach was to create another big wheel concept vehicle but referencing a fire truck as the concept this time. Again you have to run thru the inner workings of the fire truck to get to the driver's seat and get the fire truck rolling. I think I will throw a twist in the mix this time, I will make it into a timed event. the player will need to go thru the fire truck and get to the tower on fire within a time frame.

Updates

12/08 - I just have the parking level done for now. Have not thought about the upper floors, but I do know I have some sketches to share if you guys...




1/09 - I sort of abandoned the level for now, it got too ambitious. I've only got as far as floor #4, and my thermometer is full. Got to learn how to edit things down. Will have another update if I try to resurrect this level design in the future.

No comments: